Hair extensions do not receive natural oils from your scalp like natural hair. This requires some extra care when shampooing to ensure that one does not dry them out. As a rule of thumb, hair should be shampooed and conditioned every 3-4 days.
You Will Need:
- Soft bristle hair brush/wig brush
- Low pH/High moisturizing shampoo and conditioner (Like Dove Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner)
- Argan Oil/ Moroccan Oil (very little oil)
The Cleaning Process:
1. Brush hair thoroughly prior to washing to remove any knots and/or tangles. Start at the bottom and gently work your way to the top being cautious not to pull on the hair.
2. Wet hair as normal.
3. Apply conditioner to the extensions prior to washing to help maintain moisture levels. Comb through. Do not rinse.
4. Apply shampoo (on top of conditioned extensions) and wash gently (Do not manipulate the hair to much use a comb or wig brush to evenly distribute the shampoo throughout the hair.)
5. Rinse thoroughly.
6. Apply moisturizing conditioner.
7. Rinse thoroughly.
8. Wrap hair in a towel and allow the towel to absorb moisture. Avoid rubbing the towel through hair to dry.
9. Comb carefully to work through any knots and tangles that may have formed while washing.
10. Allowing hair to air-dry is best. Never sleep in wet hair as this causes tangles.
11. Apply a small amount of Argan Oil to help detangle and keep the hair moisturize.
Hair Care Advice
- Try to limit the use of heated appliances because excess heat can damage your extensions.
Use a silk/satin scarf at night to increase the life of your extensions.
- For wavy/curly hair- Flawless Hair Studios recommends finger combing or using a wide tooth comb only.
- Use a quality polisher or gloss as needed. May want to try Argon/Marocon Oil. Also try not to apply excessively because you don't want your hair to look oily and heavy.
- The use of a satin bonnet is recommended. This will reduce frizziness, as well as prevent your extensions from becoming matted.
- For both straight and curly hair extensions, FHS recommends limiting the use of alcohol-based products. These products will cause dryness if used too often.
Question & Answer
Q1: How many pieces do I need for a full head?
Please check the following chart.You might need one bundle more if your head is bigger than the average.
Length sizes: 12” 14” 16” 18” 20” 22” 24” 26” 28” (Longer length bundles you need )
2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 or more
Q2: How long will it last?
A: The 100% human hair can last for a very long time , it depends on how you maintain it. If you treat it like your own hair and take good care of it , then it will last longer .It can usually last more than one year.
Q3: Why my hair extensions are getting tangled?
A: Your Hair Extensions are getting tangled due to dryness. Make sure to wash & condition your hair at least once a week, twice a week is better.
Q4: Why the colors of hair extensions don't seem exactly as the pictures show or description says?
A: Due to the difference of display screens, The same color number may have a little color difference. You could dye the hair if you need different color.
Q5: How to tell human hair with synthetic hair?
A: Human hair has natural protein. It is easy to tell by burning and smell : When burning, the human hair will show white smoke. While synthetic hair will be a sticky ball after burning and will show black smoke. Moreover, human hair may have very few gray hair and split ends. It is normal and not a quality problem